This gazebo has kept its original appearance since it was placed in the Garden of Earthly Delights around 1864. It was made up of a series of 18th-century sculptures and pedestals from the Archiepiscopal Palace of Umbrete. It has an elliptical shape and delimiting its contour there was a continuous marble bench with a metal back. The pedestals are in the Rococo style and were made by the eighteenth-century sculptor of Portuguese origin, Cayetano de Acosta. The busts are replicas of the Italian originals that were here for more than a century and that were returned to Umbrete in 2006. They represent a series of Roman characters depicted in a beautiful baroque style. In the center of the gazebo there is a marble fountain with an octagonal vase. The fountain is a replica of the original from the 18th century that is now in the Fuente del Estanque, in this same garden.
Posted in Fountains and Monuments, Guide of Seville and tagged Baroque, XVIII.